Open your pool quickly and efficiently following the 614 Opening Process. Depending on the type of pool and cover, this process may change.
Pool Opening – 1st Visit:
– Cover Removal – Remove, fold and store
– Equipment Startup – Start, inspect and clean
– Chemical Testing and Adjustments – Test and adjust 6 chemicals balance the pool water
**Chemicals are included in the price of service for Residential Pools!
To ensure your pool is swim-ready we highly recommend the 4 visit Opening Package. The extra visits allow your pool to receive a deep cleaning and chemically balance the water. Our goal is to have your pool clean and swim ready after the final visit!
Pool Opening – 2nd- 4th Visit:
– Vacuuming – Removal of dead algae, dirt and debris
– Filter Cleaning – Clear the captured material from the filter and pool system
– Chemical Testing and Adjustment – Final testing and full chemical adjustment
– Cleaning – Skim the surface, empty the baskets and brush any remaining areas.
The majority of pools that were properly closed with a cover will be just about ready to swim after the 3rd visit. Light to moderate cleaning may be required if the pool was very dirty/green at startup.
The entire opening process from completely green to ready-to-swim can take roughly 2 weeks.
Plan on scheduling your pool opening about 2 weeks before you’d like to swim, should any required repairs be identified at startup. 614 Pools can repair and replace all major brands: Pumps, Gas Heaters, Filters, UV, Salt and more…
Proper pool winterization can save you thousands of dollars in potential damage over the winter and from expensive pool openings. Our technicians remove all the water from your equipment and plumbing and add anti-freeze as a precaution. We install safety covers (with the springs) and tarp covers. Closings include chemicals and supplies.